Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #48

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE PREY (The Hunt #2) BY ANDREW FUKUDA 

Goodreads Description:

For Gene and the remaining humans—or hepers—death is just a heartbeat away. On the run and hunted by society, they must find a way to survive in The Vast... and avoid the hungry predators tracking them in the dark. But they’re not the only things following Gene. He’s haunted by the girl he left behind and his burgeoning feelings for Sissy, the human girl at his side.

When they discover a refuge of exiled humans living high in the mountains, Gene and his friends think they’re finally safe. Led by a group of intensely secretive elders, the civilisation begins to raise more questions than answers. A strict code of behaviour is the rule, harsh punishments are meted out, young men are nowhere to be found—and Gene begins to wonder if the world they’ve entered is just as evil as the one they left behind. As life at the refuge grows more perilous, he and Sissy only grow closer. In an increasingly violent world, all they have is each other... if they can only stay alive.


Hardcover, US, 304 pages
Expected publication: January 29th 2013 by St. Martin's Press
Pre-Order here.

Cannot wait for this book! I loved the first one; The Hunt. It was unique and so perfect. It ended so bad, though. I need this sequel. It will be so good. <3 A bit sad that the covers were changed yet again. But I must admit that I sort of like this book cover :) It is pretty. And I do like the cover ;p You have all read The Hunt yet, yes? Because if you haven't, you really must. Vampires. Few humans. So good.
What are you waiting for?

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I might read this, too! But to be honest? I haven't even finished The Hunt yet. I don't know why.. :( everybody loves it and I'm so sad that I couldn't finish it. Maybe I'll try again.

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even heard of the first book to this series. Thanks for sharing! :)

    My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive heard good things about this one! Will wait for your review of it!
    Here's mine- WoW
    Just followed you on GFC! Follow me back? :)
    Aditi
    That Readioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read The Hunt but this one definitely sounds great and I might read book one soon. Great pick, thanks for sharing!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the first one...and it is not my usual pick; however, it does sound exciting. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds super interesting! I am going to add it to my TBR pile :D
    Thanks for visiting my WoW!
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this series, but it sounds great. Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep getting confused with all the different covers! This does sound interesting though but I still need to read the first book. :) Great pick, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too ;p You really should read The Hunt soon :D It was so good :)
      <3

      Delete
  9. Wow, that cover is so different compared to the first! Regardless, both are brilliant. :) I hope you love this one as much (or even more) as the first, Carina! I might read The Hunt sometime because the vampire twist sounds very original... And nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to pick up The Hunt. I have heard nothing but good reviews for it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)