Friday, January 3, 2014

Review: Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble by Nick Bruel

This is the first Bad Kitty book I have read. I requested this ARC via Macmillan, and was lucky to get it. <3 Finally decided to read it, and I did enjoy it. But I didn't love it. Which makes me a bit sad. It's a good story, and I do think the kitty looks adorable. Just, I think I would have enjoyed it more if the story had color, like the front page of the book has.

My review will not be that long, because this is a very short book. Just over one hundred pages. I wish I could say that I loved this picture book. But I just didn't. I wanted to, but it just wasn't for me. Might be because it seemed to be written for kids who want to write for themselves, which I don't want to :) But even so, I could have liked it. Sigh. Probably.

Anyway. I'm not sure what to say about this book. The drawings were pretty adorable. I liked reading about the kitty. Just wish there had been more about the cat, and less about writing. Which, by the way, the cover and back cover told me nothing about. Sad face. But I am happy that I read it. It is easy to read and it's kind of interesting. The reason for the two star, though, was that I didn't really care for the story. I didn't fully like the way it was written. And I wanted more color. So yeah. This wasn't that great for me. But I didn't hate it either. It was pretty sweet. I did like the kitty, for the most part :)

I feel a bit mean giving a picture book a two stars. But that is the way I felt about this book, and I would rather be honest about my feelings for it. But even though I did not love this book, I do think I would enjoy the other Bad Kitty books, if they have colors, hih. So I might have to check them out :) This book, though, would be great for kids who wish to write. I think. So I would recommend it. Anyway. Huge thank you to Ksenia at Macmillan Kids for the chance to read and review this book. <3

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being honest, and sad there were things that just didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cute cover! Sorry it didn't work out for you, Carina.

    I hope you had a great Holiday Season! I can't imagine how huge your Christmas haul was. Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)