Sunday, August 9, 2015

Book Recommendation: The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani


I first read this precious back in May last year. Ever since then I have wanted to re-read it. And now that book three was finally out, I decided to do so. Meaning I read until after one in the morning because I had to finish it. I couldn't stop reading. I loved it even more this second time I read this gorgeous book. I knew I would love it again, but I didn't know I would love it this much. It is a stunning book. Writing is perfection. The characters are so adorable. I could not have loved this book more. It is just the best.

It's unfair how perfect this book is. It made me so sad and heartbroken. It made me laugh. It made me so happy. This book just made me feel it all. Which was so mean. Hmph. Because it is a stunning book. The plot is all kinds of amazing and the story is so good. Yet it is mean. Because it is so sad. And lots of bad things happen. And it just makes my heart hurt. Yet it was so perfect. So well done. And I couldn't have loved it more. Sigh. This book is just so good. And I'm thrilled that I finally re-read it. Love it so.

I don't think I'm going to be able to say much about what this book is about. Because my brain feels empty. And I don't think I could describe it very well. But I'm going to try. Because oh, how I loved reading this book again. And I need more people to read this book. You must. It is middle grade, but I think all the characters are about fifteen years old. And they are adorable. And grown up. And childish. And I liked them all so much. So many amazing people in this book. Not naming them, but I loved all.

This book is about two girls. Agatha and Sophie. They are best friends. Except I didn't see them as best friends. They had only just started hanging out, and only because Sophie forced herself to do it. I never felt like Sophie truly cared for Agatha. And that broke my heart. Because Sophie was Agatha's first friend. Her only friend. And she obviously cared for her a lot. I just. I felt like Agatha got used by her in the whole book. And I didn't like that at all. Sigh. Hoping I will feel differently in book two and three :)

This is also about the School for Good and Evil. Where boys and girls go to know how to be princes and princesses and villains and everything from story books. And it is so special. This school was all kinds of amazing. Reading about Sophie in Evil and Agatha in Good was the very best. So fun. So well written. I just wish someone had cared for Agatha. It wasn't fair how much hate she got for looking differently. Not fair at all. My heart broke for her at all times and I just.. I need Agatha to get her happy ending.

There is a prince in this book. Tedros. And I must say that I did love him a whole lot. Though he did make some really bad choices. Ugh. Especially that last one at the end of the book. It broke my heart the most. But yeah. The romance in this book. It is a bit different. I didn't like the first part. But then it got so much better. And I ship Tedros and Agatha so much. Sigh. They are the cutest. And I need them together. And I adore Tedros so much. And Agatha. And the romance will get better, and I cannot wait.

I don't want to say more about this book. Just that I loved it to pieces. Re-reading it was the very best. I adore Agatha. She's the very, very best. I do like Sophie too. I just. She did so much wrong and I'm not sure I'll ever forgive her. Hmph. The School for Good and Evil is a fantastic book. It is unique and special. It is heartbreaking and funny. I will never get tired of reading it. It is stunning. You all need to read this precious book right away. You will not regret it. I cannot wait to see this book as a movie :)


My first review of The School for Good and Evil 

Update: Newer and better review of the book can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)