Monday, August 31, 2015

Review: Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn

This book was so different. And I enjoyed it a whole lot. I have wanted to read it for ages, but never had the chance to buy it. And then I got it as a gift, from the kindest friend, and I knew I couldn't wait long before reading it. So today I finally did. And I'm so glad for that. This book was so weird. And really great.

I'm not sure how to describe it, though. Because it's different. Yet I never had any trouble with it, like I had seen others had, that they were confused. But I wasn't. Felt like I understood it very well. But yeah, a bit different. Yet oh so gorgeous too. I liked this book a whole lot. The writing is just truly stunning.

This is my second book by Kate. I adored her newest one, (Don't You) Forget About Me. And I have wanted to read more books by her ever since I read that one last year. I cannot wait to read the book coming out by her next year; it's going to be amazing :) I'm just so glad that I finally read Another Little Piece. I think I will remember it for a long time. I'm deciding to give this book four stars. Because I liked it a whole lot. The plot was pretty much perfect. But I had some issues with the romance and all the boys. It bothered me. But I didn't care that much about it either, so yeah. Overall I really, really liked this book. And I'm so happy that I read it. The ending was a bit weird, but I think I really loved it too. It was so different :)

Another Little Piece is creepy. And I loved every moment of it. I like books like this one. Sort of horror. Sort of mystery. It was so exciting. I won't say too much about the plot. Just a few things. Some that I loved, this one thing that I didn't love. But yeah. All are reasons for why you should read this book. So if you haven't read it yet, you really should. Because it is a different book. And I had an awesome time reading it. The writing is just all kinds of stunning; you'll all love this book. I'm sure of it. Go read it.

This book is about this girl who went missing a year ago. Annaliese. She is suddenly back. With no memory of who she is or where she were this past year. It is so creepy. And so awesome to read about. Especially since the girl inside of Annaliese is sure that she is not Annaliese at all, but someone else inside her body. And, shudders. It was so interesting to read about. I loved that all of the book is mostly about Anna. Whom I grew to love a whole lot. I mean, she made some bad choices, but still. I liked her.

I loved seeing Anna get some memories back. I loved seeing her trying to be Annaliese, wanting to be her. How she interacted with her family. The mom and the dad. I loved that she called them that. Sigh. I just. I liked this book a whole lot. And Annaliese's parents were amazing. I adored reading about them both so much. And my heart broke for them too. Sniffs. Mostly I loved Anna. And how she tried to figure everything out. How she tried to remember. And all the bloody things she did remember. Ack. Shudders.

There are other characters in this book too. I'm not sure how I felt about Gwen. She could have been a better friend. Hmph. Small spoilers. But then there are the boys. Sigh. I mean, Anna right now wants to be with Dex. Whom is all kinds of cute, but not that cute, and their romance went a bit fast, I think. But past Anna had a boyfriend. Whom she slept with and such and it bothered me, because he was an ass. And then Annaliese was with Logan for a bit, and ugh. He was bad. Baaad. Yet sort of cute too. Maybe.

But point is. There were too many boys for this one body. And that bothered me. I would not call it a love triangle. Because it wasn't. Anna only wanted to be with Dex. But I just. I don't like reading about past relationships, lol. It bothers my heart. Yet I did understand them too, and I did feel like it was written very well. But yeah, it bothered me a bit. Which is why this is a four star and not a five star. Because I did feel like the rest of the plot was a five star most of the time. It was just so exciting and creepy :)

I'm not sure what else to say about this book. I don't want to say too much. So just a little bit more :) It is a stunning book. And horrifying at times. And so different too. A bit weird. I loved it. Getting to know the truth.. finding out why Anna was inside the body of Annaliese.. it was so awesome. Yet so creepy. Ack. I'm a bit sad about the ending, because it wasn't final about something. Ack. But at the same time, I didn't mind at all. Because this story was over. And it was such a great story to get to read about. <3

4 comments:

  1. Different and creepy definitely sum this book up - it really is a hard book to describe, but it's so worthwhile to read! Very strange and unique!

    Awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh hadn't heard of this book yet! I love how it speaks really clearly from your review that you enjoyed this book! I totally get why you'd get slightly annoyed at the boy characters when they're distracting from the main plot! Might have to check this one out!
    Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack. This book frustrated me to no end. I saw flashes of brilliance that never really caught. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book has always sounded super weird to me but I'm glad you enjoyed it for the most part! And I'm happy there's no love triangle (even if the romance is a little messy). I may have to check this one out in the future!
    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)