Thursday, September 24, 2015

DNF Review: Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett

This is breaking my heart. It does not happen often that I have to DNF a book. But this time I must. I have gotten to page 104, and I simply cannot read more. I wanted so badly to love this book. It looks stunning. I had heard great things. So I started it right away. But it went downhill pretty fast. It was bad. So bad.

I don't like giving up. And I still don't think that I should. But I tried reading more. I just cannot stand it. The writing. Oh my gosh. The writing is so bad. I cannot deal with it. There is no way I will be able to read more of this book. It makes me sad, yes, but then again, it was just not a book for me at all. Ugh.

I won't write much about this book. Considering I did not finish it. But I did peek a bit at the ending, and I know for sure that I would not have ended up liking it. Since I did not finish, I will not rate this book on goodreads or post my review on Amazon. But I will say that this book would have been a one star for sure. Ugh. It sucked. Really badly. And I must try to explain why I could not read more of it. Which might be a bit hard, as I don't have a single positive thing to say about this book, even though I only read one hundred pages. I wanted to love it so badly. But it was simply not going to happen. So I decided to quit. And I'm pleased about it. When you cannot stand a book you should not force yourself to read more of it. So I will not.

This book could have been so good, I think. But it was not. Not for me. Sure, other people love it. Which is good. Though, to be honest, I do not understand why they do. Because the writing. Oh my gosh. I cannot. The writing was so goddamn awful. I don't have often have trouble with writing in books. But it happens. And this time it happened in a huge way. I think it was the worst writing I have read in many, many months. And that is just heartbreaking. I wanted so much more from this one. I'm disappointed.

I didn't read much of this book. So I cannot say if it got any better, but I doubt it. The writing was bad for me from the very beginning. The story is told from the point of view of seventeen year old Ash. She could have been great, I suppose. But I knew not a single thing about her. Only that she is a conduit. Which is mentioned so many times. Yet, what the hell is it? Ugh. She also has a twin brother. Whom was so boring. And all the time it felt like he was ten years old, which bothered me so much. Sigh. Not good.

What bothered me the most about the writing was how everything were described. It was so annoying. It wasn't described in a good or interesting way. There was way too much. I knew nothing about Ash, the girl. Just everything about everything around her. It was so so so annoying and I cannot deal with how bad it was. Ugh. Plus Ash acted so weirdly too. I didn't like her, and I should have liked her after one hundred pages. Sad face. I just couldn't with this book. Writing was way too bad for me. It was awful.

I think that is pretty much all I'm going to say about this book. I didn't get it at all. Yes, I only read to page 104 of 352. But still. It was bad. And I'm glad I didn't read more of it. I doubt I ever will. Though I still consider that I should read more. But I will not. I don't need more one star reads for me. I will read something better instead. I'm sorry to say that I cannot recommend this book to anyone. I couldn't stand the parts that I did read. Boring and bad writing. Silly. Annoying. But still. It is a really pretty book. Sigh.

DNF
 

2 comments:

  1. Aw. I'm sorry this didn't work out for you, hun. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweee sweetie, so sorry you had to DNF this one! But you are right if you don't like a book, you shouldn't force yourself to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)