Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Review: Ungodly by Kendare Blake

I have waited so long for this book. Yet I was so nervous when I finally got my hardcover. I was scared that I might not love it. Turns out I had nothing to worry about. It was perfection. Such a good ending. Best book of the three. And I loved book one and two to pieces. So thrilled that I loved Ungodly even more.

I have enjoyed this trilogy so much. Antigoddess and Mortal Gods and Ungodly. All three books were amazing. Such stunning writing. Such amazing and awful characters. I adored and hated them all. This book had the perfect ending. Though I do wish it had been a bit longer, lol. There was one scene I really wanted.

But oh, how much I loved this book. Once I started it today, I could not stop reading. Was sucked in from the very first page. There are a few different point of views. Cassandra. Athena. Henry. And a few others too. I loved reading from them all. It was all so interesting and exciting and heartbreaking and I loved every moment. Though, I must confess, my favorite character is still Athena. And I wanted to read her point of view at all times, lol. She was just the very best in my eyes. So broken, yet so proud and strong. I wanted the very best for her. And I loved reading about her oh so much. But I did love the other characters. They all have their own story, and I loved reading about them all. But my favorite was Athena. And Hermes too.

I'm never going to be able to share why I love this series so much. But I will try to talk a little bit about it. It is just. So close to my heart. The story is amazing. The writing is so easy to read and so well written. Kendare is all kinds of adorable. She's so kind and sweet. And she writes amazing books. I simply cannot wait to read whatever it is she is writing next. She's the best. And her books are always amazing. Sigh. So excited for her next books. Anyway. More about this one. Which I adored so much.

There is so much I can say about Ungodly. I want to talk about all the spoilers, lol. But I will try my best not to. But oh, it is hard. The biggest spoiler made my heart the happiest. But one of the things I wanted the most to happen in this final book did not. No more Aidan. While it made me so sad, I must also say that I'm sort of okay with him not coming back from the dead. But yes. So sad. I loved him so much in book one. Sigh. My heart still aches. But the story was still the most amazing without him in it.

I had such complicated feelings about Cassandra in Mortal Gods. And I still have. I loved her in the first book. But she got so bad in the second one, for good reasons. And in this final book. I sort of still don't like her. Yet I love her at the same time. But I still don't get why she hates Athena so much. And that just breaks my heart. Athena does not deserve that. But even so. Cassandra changes a lot in this one too. She wants vengeance. And she does a lot to get it. I loved reading about every moment of it, lol.

There are so many characters to love in Ungodly. We see more of Hermes, whom is still so adorable and fun and sweet. Yet dying the most awful death. I cannot. It hurts so badly. He is the sweetest. And we see more of Henry and Andie too, and I adore them both. A bit romance too. And it was so sweet and ahh. Adorable. I loved reading about how Henry needed to fight. Loved reading about all of it. They are all such stunning characters. Written so well. My heart ached for all of them. Loved them all. Sigh.

I even grew to love Ares. Whom has done lots of bad things. Yet he was so awesome in this book. He does something really amazing near the beginning of the book. And that just warmed my heart towards him right away. Ugh. And his last two wolves were just so cute. Aw. Yet vicious too. Yeah. Ares ended up being amazing. I still didn't like Calypso. How she thought she had a claim on Odysseus. Hmph. But I loved her friendship with Cassandra, and I did like reading about her. For the most part. She was okay.

Then there is Athena, my precious. And Odysseus. Book two ended with him about to die. This final book begins with Athena having taken him to the underworld, where he is not dead or alive. She tries to save him. And I won't say more than that. Just. Athena is my favorite character of them all. And I adore Odysseus to pieces too. They have the cutest romance. I want more more more. I loved every moment of romance in this book. Ack. Just wish there had been a tiny bit more, lol. But still. It was perfection.

I should mention the plot a bit too, lol. I just loved the characters so much. All of them. And oh, a new character too. The God of Death. I actually liked him. And his almost romance with Cassandra. I thought I would dislike it. But I didn't. Because there was no romance, not really. It could happen. But not yet. She still mourns Aidan. And I love that. But yes. I liked this new boy. And I wouldn't have minded seeing more of him. Though he was so bad too. He has killed so many people. But still. I ended up liking him.

But yes. I was going to talk about the plot. It is perfection. The gods are still at war. So many are still dying. And it is the most heartbreaking thing. Yet so interesting to read about and so exciting. I loved the fight scenes. Basically, I loved every scene, lol. This whole book was amazing. I loved learning new things about the war, about how to fight it, about how it might be possible for the gods to win. How it might be possible for them to stop dying. But it isn't without a price. It was all kinds of exciting to read.

Ungodly is a perfect ending to an incredible trilogy. I could not have loved it more. The writing is stunning, the characters even more so. The plot is exciting and heartbreaking at all times. It was the ending I had always wanted. Perfect. If you have yet to read this stunning book, then you really must do so. Antigoddess and Mortal Gods and Ungodly were all three amazing books. I loved reading them all. And I cannot wait to read them again and again. Which I will. And you should do so too. Go buy them.


3 comments:

  1. This definitely sounds packed full of great scenes, characters, action, and all of Kendare Blake's amazing writing style. I will have to try this series soon. I'm glad to hear it didn't disappoint and I love when a series just gets better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! You loved it. :) I haven't read the first book. I suck. I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear you loved it to bits!! I adore Athena and Hermes so much! And Andie and Henry too!! Best final book ever but I also wanted a lil bit more of the epilogue!
    Great review sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)