Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Lunar Chronicles #1: Cinder


This is my fourth time reading Cinder. And it is still one of my favorite books. I still love it just as much as I did when I first read it, over three years ago. I haven't read it in over two years, though, so I was a tiny bit nervous, that my feelings might have changed. I worried for nothing. Because reading this book again was simply perfection. And I'm so glad that I finally decided to read it again too. The writing is all kinds of beautiful. The story is the most amazing. And I couldn't have loved Cinder any more than I did.

My love for this book cannot be explained. But I shall try anyway. Despite having talked about it three times before. But then again, my previous reviews kind of sucked, lol, so I shall try to do better this time. I adored reading this book again. It made me so happy. It was so easy to get lost in Cinder again, so easy to read it again. The writing is, as I said, beautiful. I love it the most. This is such an easy book to read. Time went by so fast. And that is just the best feeling. I'm so glad that I still love this the most.

I don't know what to say about this precious book. So I probably won't say all that much. Just. I love it to pieces. I love how it is sort of a retelling of Cinderella, yet totally not as well, since it is so different. I love the setting of this book. Getting to know all the history was so awesome. I loved how they didn't have cars anymore. I loved how they had androids for just about everything. Simply put, I loved every single moment of this book. The story was incredible. The characters are still the very best. Sigh. <3

I cannot wait to re-read the other books too. To get to read more about the new characters about to show up. Ack. I'm oh so excited. The ending for Cinder is all kinds of mean and heartbreaking. And I loved it to most. It's awesome. I should also mention that Cinder is my favorite character. She is all kinds of brave and awesome. Her stepfamily is the worst, and that is that. But oh my, Peony. My heart is still breaking. The most heartbreaking and amazing part of the book. Sniffs. Just loved it all so much.

I need to write a few more things about this book. Cinder is the most awesome. And Prince Kai is just the most adorable. I love him oh so much. And my heart is breaking for him. He is losing so much in this book. It's oh so mean. Hmph. I also adored Iko to pieces. She's an awesome character. Then there was Queen Levana. Well, I liked her in Fairest. Sort of. But oh, how I hate her too. She's just the worst. Yet an excellent villain. Reading about the Lunars is just all kinds of exciting and horrifying. I loved it lots.

The romance in this book is adorable. Okay, there isn't really kissing at all, which is a bit depressing. But there is flirting. And it is the most adorable. Watching Kai flirt with Cinder is so cute. He likes her so much. And she likes him too. And aw. I just adore them both the most. I need Winter right now, though, because I need more romance with them. Sniffs. I need more. I want more. I cannot live without more. Cinder and Kai is my favorite couple in this series. I just can't help but love them the most of everyone.

Before she knew what she was doing, she was storming after Kai. 
She grabbed his elbow and spun him back around to face her. Without hesitating, 
Cinder wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

I also very much adore Marissa Meyer. She has always been amazing. She is the kindest person and such an amazing author. I like her oh so much. She's always been so kind to me, and that means the most. <3 Hugs. Thank you for always being the best Marissa. I simply cannot wait to read even more books by her :D I'm a bit crazy about her books, lol, and I know I will read everything that she is writing next. But first re-reading Scarlet and Cress. <3 Then finally Winter. Oh, I have waited so long for it now. Almost here.

If you still haven't read Cinder, I'm not sure what to tell you. You make poor life choices, lol. Because this is not a book to be missed. It is a book that you must read. And then read again and again, like I have. It is a book that will make you feel all the things. It is a book that you will never ever forget. So yes. If you still haven't read Cinder, then get going. You are missing out. I'm the most excited about loving this book. And I want you all to love it too. Just, so thrilled to finally have taken the time to re-read it. <3



3 comments:

  1. Oh welp. I knew why I had to go to the bookstore today! Is it out, C?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just reread and wrote a paper on it too! It is SO amazing! It will definitely be one of my longtime favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Cinder but haven't gotten to the others. I don't know what's wrong with me. I need to hurry my butt up! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)