Saturday, July 30, 2016

Book Recommendation: The Last Ever After by Soman Chainani


Sigh. This book just kills me. So much. This is my second time reading it, and I still love it the most. This book is a huge favorite of mine. Because of that perfect ending. But also because of all the heartbreak. I couldn't help but love it all. Despite how it made me cry. Hmph. I just cannot help but love this book the most. It made me fall in love with Agatha even more. It made me ship her and Tedros even more. It made me dislike Sophie a bit more, lol. It is simply the most perfect fairytale story. And I love it beyond words.

I'm not even sure how I should talk about this book. It is the final book in this trilogy. Except, not really. Because the handbook just came out, which is a companion book. And next summer there will be a book four, which is a direct sequel to this one. Which I could not be happier about. Sniffs. I'm so happy. And excited. And I simply cannot wait. Eee. I just need there to be Agatha and Tedros point of view too. Ack. Fingers crossed. But anyway. This was the perfect ending, yet there is so much room for more. Always.

The plot in this third book is just all kinds of amazing. At the moment the whole school is evil. With Sophie being their queen. Which was a bit depressing, for those poor Evers who was forced to be evil. Shudders. But they were all being so awesome and strong about it and I loved it so much. I should mention Sophie a little bit now. I am pretty angry with her. I like her a little bit. But in this book. I just. She is so evil. I felt like she has always tried to ruin Agatha's happiness, and I can't help but hate her for it. I did not love Sophie.

This book still breaks my heart the most. And I'm still a bit bitter about all of that, haha. There is some serious relationship angst. But it also wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, to re-read it. It still makes me hurt so badly. But I also enjoyed reading about the angst. Because it made me love Agatha even more. She truly is the most good and kind and loving person. I wish the angst hadn't happened, but I also get why it had to. And I do think it made their relationship even better. Sigh. But also, yeah. Heartbreak.

I don't really have all that much to say about this book this time around. I just. I loved reading every moment of it. This book is long, but I wanted it to be even longer. Hmph. The ending is simply perfect. Heartbreaking. Happy. So good. Reading about these characters are the very best thing. I love Agatha and Tedros so much. And I do like reading about Sophie. And everyone else. I still adore Hester so much too. And Merlin was awesome. I just. I love The Last Ever After oh so much. My re-read was the best.

But seriously. If you still haven't read these books, then you really must. It is middle grade, yet young adult too. More the latter, I think. The characters are about fifteen years old, probably. Tedros at least is almost turning sixteen. A bit young still, yet they are all so adorable and so grown up even so. And I just love reading about them all. Sigh. Anyway. Yes. You all must read these books. Right away. I would recommend them for everyone. Because these books are the best. You are all going to love Agatha.


2 comments:

  1. You have so much love for this series! Love your enthusiasm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carina, looks like a good one! It would be great if you added your review to the Books You Loved: August collection over at Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)