Saturday, April 8, 2017

In My Mailbox #283

I suppose I have had the worst week ever this week. I don't even know how to share about it. I have been in the most pain. I'm still in pain. This Tuesday I went to the hospital to get my usual medicine. I shouldn't have gone; as I had just two days before started to get this huge bump that hurt like hell. I went anyway. And was told I couldn't get medicine, because all the blood tests were too high. And then they looked at my bump. And decided that I needed a surgery. So I needed to stay at the hospital. I needed to not eat or drink anything. Was supposed to get surgery that day, but they couldn't promise it, yet I couldn't eat in case. I waited all day. In pain, on fluids. Yet they didn't have time to take me that day. Sigh. I hadn't eaten anything the day before, because nauseous. And that day I got no food at all. Ahhh. So I slept, waiting for surgery the next day. So much pain all day and night. And so hungry. But I got surgery on Wednesday, after 9am. It went well; I was asleep, so felt nothing. Wasn't feeling the best when I woke up, but no pain. Was told surgery went good, and I went home again a few hours later. Oh, then I looked at my wound. See, it was a huge abscess that they had to drain, and now it is the biggest open wound ever. It's the most brutal thing I have seen. I just about die when I pee on it. Ahh. I must shower often. It's supposed to heal from the inside, so will take weeks. And it hurts so much all the time. And ahh. I'm just in the most pain these days. I got this because I have Morbus Crohn. Which sucks. And they also found out that I have many fistulas. Which also needs surgery, when this thing is healed. And oh god. I can't take more pain. Everything hurts. Sorry for sharing so much :D Just had to write it all down. I had the most awful week. I hope that the wound is healing. But they are unsure, so back to hospital on Monday. I just. I can't. I hate this. I hate this pain more than anything. I need this wound to heal in the next four weeks. Because I'm getting my spa bath up then. I have waited all winter, so many months, I'm not going to miss my bath.

Because of all of this I did not get to blog much this week at all. I'm not in the mood to read. Or comment. Or check other things. Might be behind for a while now. Sigh. But anyway. I did blog twice. Aw. Shared my review of Strange the Dreamer :) Not perfect. And this week I'm waiting on All the Crooked Saints. <3 Feeling so sad that I'm not able to read right now. Just in so much pain. But still going to try, I hope. Very soon. I do have so many books that I still wish to read so badly. Sigh. Just need to be able to focus, which is hard with all this pain. Anyway. Love all the mail that I got this week :D It's all gorgeous. Eee. So happy. And ahh, I'm getting Nintendo Switch next week :D I cannot wait. That will be a good distraction, at least.



Strange the Dreamer. I ordered this before I read the book; but I do love this edition. I do. It's gorgeous.
The Thickety: The Last Spell. Eee! Final book :D SO gorgeous. I have read and loved it. It's perfection.
The Mirror King. Yay for pretty paperback edition :D I loved this book a whole bunch. It's so stunning.
Bukowski Plush. I bought this one when I went home from the hospital. Had to have him, lol. So cute.
Chucky Dorbz. Ack. Chucky is all kinds of creepy, but I couldn't resist buying him. He do look awesome.
Happy Hello Bookmarks. Ahh, they are all so gorgeous. I love buying these :D So so many new ones. <3
ARCs. Eeee! Thank you so much for trading with me Krys :D You are amazing. Eee. I love these books so, so much. <3 LOVE the Kinslayer ARC the most :D Ahh. Just missing Stormdancer now. <3 And The Forbidden Wish :D And Rebel of the Sands :D And ahh. The other three books are amazing too. Love.


More Instagram photos here. <3

8 comments:

  1. Oh my God. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of pain you were in. I would have died. I'll pray for you, that you get better and that your future surgeries go well.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope your health improves soon! You've been battling for a while now. :( Sucks being in and out of hospitals.

    Anyway, I hope the books you got this week will at least distract you from your health woes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, Carina! Hang in there and I'll send you all the good and healing thoughts. Wow, so many gorgeous books this week! I loooved the original cover of Perfect Ruin and it's too bad they couldn't have kept that style for the whole series.

    Take care, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for all the pain you are experiencing and the health challenges you are going through. My husband went through constant ones our whole marriage. It's hard. Taking care of yourself is most important and don't worry if you don't have as much energy for reading and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carina, i like reading your posts, i hope you will feel better soon, to be sick sucks :(((

    i always wondered where do you order your books from? since they always come to you by mail, is it amazon or book depository?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya :) Thank you so much. <3

      I buy just about all my books from Book Depository, yes :) Most of the time I only pre-order books, because that is cheaper. If I have to buy a book that is already out, I might consider a Norwegian site, if it ends up being cheaper :) I would love to order more from Amazon, but shipping is too high. Aw.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, that sounds terrible! I'm so sorry! I really hope you recover and feel better soon <3

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed this post, Carina! I'm sorry to hear you've gone through so much with your illness! I'm sending positive thoughts and wishes your way, and I hope you've recovered since this post. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)