Friday, March 23, 2018

Review: Obsidio by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman

This final book was everything I wanted it to be and more. Such a thrilling third book. I loved how everything ended. But gosh, do not think I'm ready to be done with all of these characters. I wish there were more books coming, written in this way, with all these amazing characters. The ending was completely perfect, though.

There is so much that I loved about this final book. Shall try my best to write down most of it. So happy that I re-read Illuminae and Gemina before this third book, though. So many details that mattered. And of course, I love these books so much, and know that I will re-read them so many times. They are simply the best.

Obsidio completes stories that started in Illuminae and Gemina. With Kady and Ezra's home being attacked, and them now being chased across the universe by someone wanted to kill them too. With Hanna and Nik, and how they survived the awful attack on Heimdall. And how they are now together, and trying to escape, to tell their story to get justice for everything that has happened. There is so much amazing about this story. Not going to describe much of it, just that how they tell their story, and how they are trying to get justice, it's written so well and I loved reading about all of it. It's fully complicated and dangerous. I loved it so. This book had everything that I wanted. Eee. And it was full of all my favorite characters too. And new characters that I adored too.

This final book tells the story of Asha and Rhys. And all the other ones from the first books too. But first we get to know Asha. She is the cousin of Kady, and she did not make it off their home planet when it was attacked. And so she is still there, all these months later. BeiTech has taken control over the planet, until they are able to leave, when they will kill the rest of the citizens of this planet. Asha will not let this happen. So she is part of an resistance, hoping to be able to survive this war. It is not going all that well.

And gosh, how I adored getting to know Asha. She's fierce and brave and I loved her so much. She has a secret, which was both sad and awesome. She was an amazing person and I loved getting to know her. She's being forced to work as a nurse, which was pretty interesting to read about. She has a few friends, and I must admit that I did not like any of them, lol. But they aren't a bit part of this story at all. What is big about this story is Asha and her ex-boyfriend Rhys. And why she ended up at this planet three years ago.

And oh, Rhys. I must admit to loving this boy beyond words. Wish I could have gotten to know him even better, though. He has been up in space these past seven months, working as a tech guy for BeiTech. He has not been told anything about the war, despite working for the enemy. But then when their people are getting killed on the ground, Rhys is sent down. And he sees Asha right away. They have not seen each other for three years, and they had such a big relationship back then. Ah. This romance was complicated.

Yet beyond amazing. I shipped Asha and Rhys so much. Even though she took quite a lot of time to start caring for him again, and the fact that there weren't all that much romance between them. Sniffs. But still. They were so perfect together. And I loved how they started talking again, and spending a little bit of time together. I also loved that when Rhys learned all the details about this war, he was not okay with any of it. Rhys was a good person and I loved him tons. I loved Asha too. They were both such great characters.

Gosh, there is so much I could say about this book. I'm trying my best not to write everything about it, lol. But it's hard. I feel like I could write forever about these books. They are just so good. This third book is focused on Asha and Rhys, and how they are dealing with things on this planet. It's not going well. A lot of people are getting killed. It was so awesome to read about. And I loved everything about it. Interesting characters to get to know too. I adored the Duke. And I liked Oshiro too. A bunch of rude ones too. Hmph.

This book is also very much about Kady and Ezra and Nik and Hanna and Ella too. I loved that beyond words. Those characters are all my favorite. Ahh. And reading more about them was the very best. More Kady and Ezra romance. Eee. It was so much fun and adorable and oh, how I love them so. And reading about Nik and Hanna trying to deal with everything that happened was so great too. I ship them so much. And Ella. This poor girl. I love her beyond words. She's fun and awesome and just so so good. Loved her.

There was also a whole bunch of AIDAN in this book. And oh gosh. I am not sure how I felt about this crazy murder artificial intelligence thing. AIDAN helped them so much. Yet it did so much awful too, a lot of murder, and oh. I'm not sure if I was supposed to love it or hate it. I think I did both, at the same time. Written so well, though, and I loved that a lot. Not going to write more about this book. Just that it is full of space. And murder. And romance. And plot twists. Everything about Obsidio was perfection. Loved it so.

Obsidio was everything I wanted it to be. And so much more. Full of action and heartbreak and romance. Full of amazing twists. And such a stunning ending. I do want more, though, always. And now I cannot wait to read the next series these two amazing authors are writing together. I'm sure it will be perfection. Cannot wait. I'm thrilled with how much I love this series. The books are all completely heartbreaking and all kinds of fun. If you have not read these books, then you are truly missing out on the best adventures.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you loved this one so much. Yeah!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you loved the ending of a wonderful series! Wonderful review, Carina! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)