Saturday, January 26, 2013

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo


I just read this book for the third time. Fell in love with it all over again. Shadow and Bone is just that good. I cannot wait to read it again. My book recommendation from June might be a bit old, but I feel that I have talked enough about the plot and amazing characters of this book. So this post won't be about that. It will just be about my love for Shadow and Bone, my love for Leigh, and my love for the amazing jewelry from Hebel Design. Because I love reading this book again and again. It is just perfect.

Shadow and Bone is an amazing book. It has the most unique story line. It is also a Fantasy, which I just adore. Leigh has writes so good, and I just loved the writing in this perfect book. It is the story of Alina. And I just adored her. She is a perfect main character. She does a lot of changing in this book, which I liked, just wished it had happened a different way :D But yeah. I also loved Mal. More than anything. He's Alina's best friend. They have been orphans together for more than ten years. And he's adorable.

There is so many things in this book. So much to pay attention do. And I loved it all. We get to learn about the Grisha. People with power. And oh. I loved reading about them. About the kefta they wore, the things they could do. I cannot wait to read even more about them. It is all just so amazing. Then there is the Darkling. I must admit to not liking him. Although, I could have, if he wasn't kind of a love interest. But not really. He's interesting though. A perfect villain. Interested in seeing how it goes :)

I loved everything about this book. Mostly I loved Mal. Because he's just so sweet and kind and protective. He really cares for Alina. And oh. I cannot wait to read more about him, and him together with her. It will be amazing. Anyway. This book is perfect. The ending is perfect. Even though I am dying for the sequel, Siege and Storm. Wants it so much. If you still haven't read Shadow and Bone,
then you must, because it is not a book to be missed. At all. Also, Leigh is just so so kind and sweet :)

My amazing Jewelry from Hebel Design, based on Shadow and Bone.
(Click the pictures for bigger.)


First there is a picture of me wearing my Morozova's Collar, my Stag Locket, and my Stag shirt. <3


Then there is my collection of the book. Sigh. I need more. Can't wait for Siege and Storm to be there :)


And my collection of the Jewelry. <3 A few pictures. All I have at the moment :) But I have just ordered another gorgeous bookmark, and I cannot wait to get that one. Will be perfect.

Also. There is a few teasers on my book recommendation of this book, link below. Also shared some most gorgeous fan art on the Shadow and Bone movie news post :) You must look at those. So gorgeous. I wish I could draw. Below the links for everything, there is a picture of the most amazing map. I adore it. It is just perfect. And ahhh. The Unsea! Looks so amazing. I loved reading about it, and the Volcra. Can't wait to learn more about it all. Sigh. Wish Siege and Storm were here right now :) I need it. Want.

My blog posts about Shadow and Bone and Siege and Storm.

Book Recommendation: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Shadow and Bone. Siege and Storm. Ruin and Rising. Leigh Bardugo. Book Depository.


Update: Newer and better review of the book can be found here.

9 comments:

  1. I love that collar so much! All the jewellery there is brilliant actually - I think I need to finally get hold of my own. Are you getting a copy of Siege and Storm? I can't wait to read that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :D And yeah. You really need to do that :) I'm not sure if I will be getting a copy of it. But I might, so I'm just hoping :) Will be pre-ordering it soon, so will be getting a lot of copies in June (A) Hih :)

      Delete
  2. That's a wonderful collection. And wow - you even have the German version! Do you actually understand some German or do you just have it because it's sooooo pretty? ;)

    I really liked this story, too, and cannot wait to read its sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I don't really understand German. But I think I might understand some, maybe, since it might be a bit like Norwegian in writing? Not sure though. But yeah. I bought it because of the so so so pretty cover :D Loves it. <3

      Delete
  3. I really want to read this book! Can't believe you just read it for the 3rd time. It has been on my list forever. So much fun to look at all your books and jewelry. WOW! I love the locket. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, why do you have so many editions? :p Just curious! I do love the different covers, but you have 3 times the same? :p

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeh, I always have at least two editions of books I love :) One to read, one to look pretty. With Shadow and Bone I kind of needed two books to look pretty :D I just love the cover so much :)

      Delete
  5. Wow you have a ton of swag! Thats awesome :) I too adored this book! I wanted to reread it the second I finished it but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe before Siege and Storm! Awesome review :)

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)