Monday, May 6, 2013

Review: Of Triton by Anna Banks

I can't believe I put off reading this book for so many months. Because Of Triton was amazing. I loved it more than I loved Of Poseidon. While I had a few small issues, they weren't big, and I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. I wish it had been much longer, though. Because it's exciting and fun and sweet.
I did not want it to end. You all really need to read this book.

I want to begin with talking about the cover. The cover of Of Triton is gorgeous! Really, really gorgeous. I love it so much. First, the colors. I just adore this color blue. And Galen and Emma.. So damn pretty. It's just hot but also sweet. I love it a whole lot. The cover for Of Poseidon is pretty amazing too :)
I love that both books have gorgeous covers that fit the story.

I cannot write this review without spoiling book one, Of Poseidon. So do not read more of my review if you haven't read it. Anyway. This book starts right where the first one ended. And I'm happy about that. I won't talk too much about the plot, because this book is pretty short, just about two hundred and fifty pages. This book is also told from Galen and Emma's point of view. Loved them both. Still prefer Galen a tiny bit more than Emma, hih. He's just really amazing. Anyway. I still enjoy the writing a lot :)

We learn so many things in this book. A lot of things about Emma, which I loved. We also learn a whole lot about her mother and Grom. Not sure if I liked it. Emma didn't. I did find her to be tiny bit childish about it all, but I didn't really blame her, because I understood why she felt that way. But anyway. I did enjoy reading about Nalia and Grom. For the most part. Because Grom is an amazing character, and I loved him. Still unsure about how I feel about Nalia. I'm not sure I approve of her very much at all.

Then there is the romance between Emma and Galen. I still love it so much. Like always, I wish there had been a tiny bit more. But not much, because there is a lot of romance in this book and it's amazing. I, at least, loved it. They are just so cute together. And I love how Galen is with her. Just wish Emma could trust Galen a bit more. That part made me a bit sad. But I can't really blame her. I think. Still. They are both really amazing characters and I loved them so much. Galen is just all kinds of amazing.

We also see more of Rachel, who I still love. She's just so kind and awesome. Then there is Toraf and Rayna. I still adore Rayna, although she is a bit tough at times. And for the most part I adored Toraf. But he also did one thing that I hated.. something that hurt Galen. Sniffs. Still. He is amazing, and I couldn't help but enjoy reading about him. There is just so many characters in this book. Old ones that I loved a whole lot. But also many new Syrena people that I hated with a passion. Loved every moment.

There is a lot of Syrena politics in this book. I enjoyed that very much. I loved reading some parts about the Half-Breeds. I loved reading about the Gift of Poseidon, and the mysterious Gift of Triton. I really hope there is more of that in the next book :) I'm not sure what else to say about this book, to be honest. So I'm just not going to. Of Triton is an amazing book. It's full of sweetness and excitement. It's fun and a bit scary. I loved it a whole lot. But yeah. I had a few issues, hence the four star rating.

But for the most part I loved this book. Loved reading more about Galen and Emma and just everyone. I loved reading about the Syrena so much, and most of the time I just wish they would all stay under water. Hih. I wish Emma wasn't so set about going to college.. Sigh. Hoping she will change her mind. But oh. This book really is amazing, and now I'm dying for book three, Of Neptune. There is not an evil cliffhanger, thank god. But it is an ending that left me wanting much more. So excited for book three :)

Thank you so much to Macmillan's Children's Publishing and Ksenia for the print ARC copy of Of Triton. <3 I'm so happy that I was able to read and review it early :) Even though I waited a bit to read it (A)

10 comments:

  1. I still haven't read Of Poseidon! I mean I've seen some really amazing reviews for it and I see your latest recommendation is that book. I really hope I'll get to read this series soon. I'm so happy that you've enjoyed the sequel too! :)) Great review :)
    Tanja @ Ja Ĩitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your review for this even though I haven't picked up the first book yet. ;) I'm glad you liked it! I agree, the cover is really stunning. Macmillan usually do a brilliant job with their covers, but this one is one of my favourites. Also relieved to hear there is no cliffhanger! I don't think I can stand any more cliffhangers now. Awesome review, Carina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Of Poseidon yet, so couldn't read the second half of your review, but I'm glad that Of Triton was a solid follow up. I absolutely adore the cover too! Lovely review Carina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read the first book yet! I need to get on it and read these. So happy you enjoyed it. I have seen these and always considered them. I should pick them up. Great review Carina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you got to read this one and enjoyed it. I haven't read the fist one yet- but it has been on my list.;) Awesome review!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. never heard of this one but it looks pretty intriguing!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cover on this book:) So beautiful, and the story looks amazing. A book I want to read:) Love your review, Carina:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The romance and storyline sounds great. I haven't read the first yet but I want to.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited that you loved this one! I loved Of Poseidon, and I'm about to start reading this one. I don't know why (like you), I put it off so long!

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed this one too! I agree, I thought Emma grew a lot in this sequel which I was really happy about, and the ending had me in tears when a certain event happened. I really hope more books in this series are on the way as well!

    Cath Brookes (Limo)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)