Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mini Review: City Cat by Kate Banks

City Cat isn't out in hardcover until November, but I was lucky enough to get to read an ARC of it :) It's a cute and fun read. The rhyming is good, not perfect, but I enjoyed it. And the pictures are pretty cute as well. We get to learn a bit about Europe, which I enjoyed. At the end there is a little bit info about each city :)

This book is about a stray cat that sort of hitchhikes with this family leaving on a European car vacation. We get to see some awesome pictures of this cute cat and his or her adventures through some different cities. We also see a bit about the family. It's a cute story. Nothing too much, a bit simple, and I loved it.

There isn't much more for me to say about this book. Just that it's cute and I think a lot of kids and adults will enjoy it :) Giving it a four star because I felt like the illustrations could have been a bit better, but I still loved them. Also felt like the writing could be improved, since there was a lot of City Cat in the same small paragraph. Hurt my head a bit. But it was a good book, and I'm glad I read it :)
Thank you so much to Ksenia at Macmillan Kids for the review copy of this awesome picture book :)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds and looks super cute, I think my kdis would like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book does sound super cute! Yeah for you that you got an early copy of it. I will look for it in November. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)