Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #88

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE REAL BOY BY ANNE URSU

Goodreads Description:

From Anne Ursu, the author of one of the most widely acclaimed middle-grade novels in recent memory, comes a new fairy-tale adventure of magic and friendship.

On an island at the edge of an immense sea there is a city, a forest, and a boy. The city is called Asteri, a perfect city that was saved by the magic woven into its walls from a devastating plague that swept through the world over a hundred years before. The forest is called the Barrow, a vast wood of ancient trees that encircles the city and feeds the earth with magic. And the boy is called Oscar, a shop boy for the most powerful magician in the Barrow. Oscar spends his days in a small room in the dark cellar of his master's shop grinding herbs and dreaming of the wizards who once lived on the island generations ago. Oscar's world is small, but he likes it that way. The real world is vast, strange, and unpredictable. And Oscar does not quite fit in.

But it's been a long time since anyone who could call himself a wizard walked the world, and now that world is changing. Children in the city are falling ill and something sinister lurks in the forest. Oscar has been content to stay in his small room in the cellar, comforted in the knowledge that the magic that flows from the trees will keep his island safe. Now, even magic may not be enough to save it...


Hardcover, 343 pages
Expected publication: September 24th 2013 by Walden Pond Press
Pre-Order here.

While I didn't fully love the author's first book, Breadcrumbs, I still cannot wait to read this one. Because I adore middle grade books. And because I think this one sounds pretty awesome. And because the cover really is all kinds of awesome. So yeah. I cannot wait to read The Real Boy :) Oscar sounds amazing.
What are you waiting for? 

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful middle grade. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the title I thought this would be a Pinocchio retelling, but it doesn't sound like! It does sound like a great fantasy adventure, though! Great pick---thanks for pointing this one out, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I don't read that much middle grade--I should read more I think (if I could find time). Great pick Carina!

    My WoW @My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks cute. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was sold once it mentioned magic. I love magical books :)

    Great WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really cute. I don't read MG very often, but maybe I'll pick it up. I love that cover! Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover! The style reminds me so much of another middle grade cover that I can't think of right now. Sounds really cute, thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! This is the first time that I've heard of this so thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  9. i want to read it too!! thanks for sharing, i'm adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you know from our review- I read this one and loved it. The cover is great- and the story is too! I hope you like it. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh cool-I hadn't heard of this one before. I'm pleased to learn more and will be looking out for reviews.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)