Sunday, October 20, 2013

Divergent by Veronica Roth


It's been so long since I last read Divergent. I haven't re-read it since May 2012. But this is also the seventh time I'm reading it. And I still love it so much. It's not the best book I have read anymore, but it is close to it. It still has a special place in my heart and it always will. I'm glad I finally decided to re-read it, and to re-read Insurgent, because I need to before reading Allegiant. Which I am now very worried about. But I still cannot wait, because I do have high hopes for it. And I just want more of Four. <3

I'm not going to recap the book. Just going to share my love for it and my love for the characters. Divergent is told from the point of view of Tris, who is all kinds of awesome. I adored her. She's strong but also weak. She's kind but also cruel at times. She changes a lot in this book and I loved that. She's an amazing person and I loved reading about her. I enjoyed her family as well, though I'm not sure I really liked them. But her mom was amazing, and I wish we had gotten to read more about her.

There are five factions in this book. Dauntless, Abnegation, Candor, Amity and Erudite. I loved reading about all of them, though I didn't really love any of them. They all have some flaw. I would never be able to live selfless, like the Abnegation. I just thought the way they lived were awful. Not for me at all. But I did enjoy Dauntless a lot. I would have liked it there the most, I think. But I would never have been able to stand all the fighting. I hate getting hurt. But I loved reading about it, even so. It was awesome.

The character I love the most in this book is Four. He is amazing. He's a bit harsh at times, but I didn't blame him for that. He is protective and loving. He's broken and hurting. I adored him to pieces. I loved getting to read about his life; and how he ended up being Dauntless. Though I wish there had been even more. We get to know him just enough, I think. I loved reading about him and Tris together, because it's sweet. And fun. A bit hurtful at times, but I loved those moments as well. Four is so awesome. <3

There is many other amazing characters in this book. Tris makes some friends, and I liked reading about them. Christina is awesome, but she is a bit jealous at times and that kind of broke my heart. I loved reading about her and Will together. He was amazing as well. I did not like Al. He was just.. broken. Then there are the mean people, Peter, Molly and Drew. I hated them so much. Yet I loved reading about them, because they made it interesting. Still, hated them. And Eric. He was awful.

There is so much I loved in Divergent. So many scenes. There were a lot of things that broke my heart a bit. But there were so many things that made me smile and made me happy. I'm not sure how I felt about Tris's brother, Caleb. He is sweet, I think. Maybe. Though he made me dislike him in the beginning, when Tris had no idea about something that he did. Anyway. I adored most of the characters in this book. I just really enjoyed Divergent and I don't have too much more to say about it.

There is a lot of things happening in this book. So much amazing. I loved the zip lining. I loved reading about the trains and how they jumped on and off them. I loved reading about the ferris wheel; it was amazing. I loved reading the stolen moments between Four and Tris, even though there weren't that many. I loved reading the love between them, and seeing it happening. I loved the fear landscape so much. Though it broke my heart to read about Four. Yet it was my most favorite moment in the book.

Considering it's been so long since I last read Divergent, and even longer since I wrote a blog post about it, I'm not going to link you to any of them. Though you can see them if you search for it on my blog :) But anyway. I'm happy that I re-read Divergent. I still love it like crazy. I know I will re-read it many more times in my life. It's just a book that will never end up getting boring. If you still haven't read it, then do so right now! Also, sharing my favorite quote from Divergent below. Spoilers, though. Hope you enjoy :)


4 comments:

  1. I've heard some pretty f**ked up spoilers this weekend. I'm interested in what you think. I probably won't be reading the rest of this series just because. Looking forward to your review of Allegiant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Divergent! Unfortunately Insurgent really didn't work that well for me, so it was quite a let down for me. The ending was more than enough to make sure I'll eventually read Allegiant but not to make preorder it or be impatiently waiting for it.

    I'll be reading your review for Allegiant for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that quote!! :) It's the best books that hold up well in rereads and Divergent is definitely one of them! I didn't remember how good it was until I reread it this summer, but that's what made me so unbelievably excited to read Allegiant. I'm sad that there are so many spoilers for it floating around, though, but I've avoided them thus far and will continue to do so. Fingers crossed it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, yay! I really enjoyed DIVERGENT, too. (Ow, ow, MY EYE.) I ended up with more mixed feelings about INSURGENT, but I'm curious how the story is going to end with ALLEGIANT. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)