Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mini Review: Endurance by Ann Aguirre

I just had to read this short story before starting to read Outpost. I adored Thimble and Stone in Enclave, and I just knew they would be perfect together. And they are. This short story is told from both's point of view. Which was perfect. Loved reading from them both; since they are both amazing characters.

In this short story we get to know what happened to College after Deuce and Fade was exiled. We get to know what happens to Silk and Twist and Thimble and Stone. And everyone else, of course. We get to know more about Thimble and Stone as well, which I really loved. I really wish to read more of them.

There is a lot happening in this story, even though it isn't very long. I wish it had been longer. Giving it a four stars since I had a few small issues with the writing. But mostly I loved this story. Endurance is amazing. I loved reading more of Thimble and Stone and his brat. It was awesome. There is a lot of death and pain. I loved every part of it. Some sweet romance too.

If you have read Enclave then you really should read Endurance. It's pretty great and I loved getting to know more about the other characters. It is an exciting short story and I wished it hadn't had to end.

2 comments:

  1. I think I need to give this series another chance. I didn't like the first book as much as everybody did so I have a feeling I'm missing something. Mind you, it's been a while since I've read it and my tastes have certainly changed since then.

    Thanks for the heads up, Carina. I didn't know there was a short novella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the novella was also good! Once I get the time, I'm gonna binge read the whole series for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)