Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mini Review: The Transfer by Veronica Roth

This is an amazing Divergent short story. And I loved it so much. It gave me all the feels. Heartbreak. But also hope. It's depressing, but so good, because I adore Four. We get to know more about him and I just adore reading from his point of view.

In The Transfer we see parts of his life two years before Divergent, when he was still a part of Abnegation. We get to see him struggling with what to choose to get away from his father. We get to see his last day in his house, and my god. Marcus is the devil. I cannot get over my hate for him.

Anyway. I adore Four and I love reading about him so much. He's so broken in this story. So little. And so adorable, even though mostly my heart just hurt from him. We get to see him choose faction in this short story, and that made me very happy. We also get to see him arriving at Dauntless with the train and the jumping which is not good for him. Sigh. Adore. And we get to see his fear landscape, the first time he goes through it. HEARTBREAK. It just about broke me to pieces. And I loved every moment. Four is amazing. He's strong and sweet. Though mostly kind of broken in this. But he's getting there. Anyway. The Transfer is amazing and you all need to read it.The writing is awesome.

2 comments:

  1. These novellas are definitely good insights to Four. Glad you're loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that it's worth a read! I'm a fan of Four, so I'll definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)