Friday, October 25, 2013

Review: Cress by Marissa Meyer

I've been dying to read Cress for ages. And today I was lucky enough to get a print ARC of it from Macmillan. It made my year. It just made me so happy and I will always treasure it. I started it right away and could not stop until I had finished it. Cress was everything I wanted it to be and so much more.

I don't know how to deal with my feelings for this book. There is just too much. Cress was amazing. It was beyond amazing. It had everything I wanted and more. But oh, the heartbreak it gave me. So amazing. I cannot wait to read Winter. Just wish it was out sooner. I'm so excited to read the ending of it all.

There was just so much to love in this book. We get to read so much more from Cinder's point of view, and I loved that. Because I adore Cinder. She's my favorite character, I think, though I'm pretty sure I love all of them just as much. First, spoilers for book one and two. But not really spoilers for this one. We get to see more of Scarlet and Wolf and Thorne. And I adore all of them. But oh, there is so much I wish to say about them all. Just, heartbreak! And so much love. They are all amazing characters and I love them all so much. Though, I love Kai the most. We see much more of him too. Heartbreaking and smiles and sadness. It was perfect. There is also much more of Iko, who is still so adorable to read about.

But then there are also some amazing new characters. Like Cress. Who is the cutest girl ever. She's so shy and adorable and I loved her to pieces. She's been trapped in a satellite for years. Which is just so heartbreaking to read about. But my god. How I loved reading about it. Cress situation is unique and amazing and I loved it so much. We see more of Sybil as well. And oh, how I hated her. Cruel woman. But Cress is amazing. Loved reading about her first comm with Cinder and Thorne. Sigh. It was adorable.

I can't find words. The book is over five hundred pages long yet it felt like I finished it so fast. I never wanted it to end. There is just so much happening and yet not enough. There is more time spent in space and time spent on earth, in the desert. Some of those scenes were awful to read about, yet I loved them. We even get to see some scenes from Lunar. That place still creeps me out. Though I suspect it will be even worse in the fourth and final book. And yet I can't wait, because it'll be awesome.

Cress is told from many different point of views. And I loved all of them. They all needed to be there and it never felt like too much for me. I just wanted more, like always. What I loved most about Cress was her crush on Thorne. It was adorable and awkward at times. I loved reading about it. Cress is just an amazing person and I loved her so much. My heart broke for her. Cannot wait to read more about her. And I kind of really love Thorne as well. Something happens with him in this book, and it was amazing.

I loved reading about Cinder as well. She's getting stronger and better though she's so scared as well. She's just amazing. Won't say too much about her, just that I cannot wait to read more of her in book four. It will be the best book, I think. I just know it will be, with that ending. Anyway. I also adored reading more about Wolf and Scarlet, though we did not see enough of them together and most of it broke my heart. Yet it was so exciting to read about and I loved it so much even though it was so awful.

Then there is Kai. Sigh. He's still dreamy, lol. I adore him. He's an amazing Emperor and I think he's doing the best he can for his people. Though it was not a good choice, it was the only choice he could make. I just hated how broken he seemed in this book. I felt so sorry for him, because as he says, he is alone. And it is so heartbreaking to read about. Yet. That ending. Best ending ever, though some sad parts, and I can't wait to read what happens next. I loved the ending. It could not have been better.

I don't know what else I can say about Cress. I fear I have rambled a bit. It's just that Cress was amazing. The best third book I have read. Probably my favorite of the three books, so far. Book four will be even better. Cress has romance, action and heartbreak. There is a bit of everything in this book. And it is so good. It gave me all the feels. Mostly shocked that I just read it. It was perfect. So much happening and not enough. Though, one character is in a really bad place at the end. Sobs. So good.

Cress was amazing. I loved all the characters. Every single one. Most of them improved from the first books and that just made me love them more. Sigh. Cinder and Kai. Swoon. Winter cannot get here fast enough. The writing is so good as well. Marissa is an amazing author. And I adore her so much, because she's also so kind and sweet. Thank you for writing these perfect books. <3 I cannot wait to read more from her. I will always read anything she writes :) Now begins the very long wait for Winter.. <3

Thank you so much to Macmillan Kids and Ksenia for the review copy of Cress. <3 It meant the world to me. It will always be precious to me and I'm so glad that I got to read it early. This book was amazing. Now I'm even more excited about getting my hardcovers of it. <3 You all must read Cress. Must.

Goodreads - Pre-Order

Update: Newer and better review of the book can be found here.

9 comments:

  1. YES! So glad you got a print copy and loved it! I loved it so very much. I still haven't written my review since I'm sort of speechless with how wonderful it was. Meyer really is getting better with each book. I can't wait for Winter. So happy you loved this one. I wish I had a print copy
    My Friends Are Fiction's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh the wait for Cress is kind of killing me! I'm so excited for it. I'm glad to see you enjoyed it and ahh Kai, seriously my favourite character. Awesome review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! So happy for you that you got a print copy. This sounds SO awesome. Glad to hear that you loved it and it was all that you wanted it to be. So wonderful! I love the cover too. :) Fantastic review!

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Your reviews are great and your blog is it, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know so many people who've loved this series. It's lovely when the last book doesn't disappoint and amazes, because it's difficult to pull off. Wonderful review, Carina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh. I'm dying to read this book. Though it's so great that you get to pre-read it, I'm afraid the wait for the Winters will kill me! So much awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOD, I'D LIKE TO READ, no... I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK!!!!! *_________*

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you loved it, Can't wait to read!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)