Sunday, October 13, 2013

Review: Enclave by Ann Aguirre

It's been more than two years since I first read Enclave. I've been meaning to re-read it ever since I got an ARC of Horde back in June. So that I could finally read Outpost as well. But I have been worried. Because of something that happens near the ending. I still hated that one part, but loved the rest.

Since it has been so long since I first read it, I seem to only have remembered that part I didn't like. I had forgotten so much of the book. I had forgotten how amazing it was. And I kind of regret not re-reading it sooner. Because I thought Enclave was amazing and I loved it a lot. It was awesome.

I enjoyed the writing a lot. Had no trouble reading the book at all; which was good. I adored the main character, Deuce. Though I felt a few times that she was a bit too much ignorant. Which she was, a lot, and I understood why. It was a bit sad. Yet awesome. Deuce is a strong character. She's fierce and amazing. But she's also a bit soft, which was very good.

Deuce lives in an enclave underground. It freaked me out a bit. Yet it was all kinds of awesome. I felt like it was described really well, the darkness and everything. It was an pretty amazing world. But then there was the people she lived with. She's lived underground her whole life. Which was sad. There are rules where she lives, and they were a bit hard for me. I understood the reasons for them, but found them to be a bit heartbreaking. Won't describe all of it, cause it's more awesome to read it yourself.

I loved reading about Deuce's life. Though it broke my heart. And made me angry a lot. The things they did to others.. heartbreak. Yet it was all so exciting to read about. I loved reading about all of it. Even evil Silk. I didn't like her much at all, but she was very interesting. I adored reading about Thimble and Stone. They were adorable. And great friends. Though we don't see too much of them. And I enjoyed reading about Twist too. They were all interesting characters. So many other characters as well.

Then there is Fade. The love interest. Though there is not much romance in this book. But there are a few sweet moments that I had forgotten about. And they were amazing to read about. So sweet. Just wish Deuce had known more. Sad face. Anyway. I really loved Fade. He was so, so amazing. Strong like Deuce. And he has a soft heart. He's very sweet. Though he's also very protective. I loved reading about his past, though it was very sad. Loved him so much. Sigh. He was just very amazing to read about.

The world of Enclave is pretty amazing to read about. I loved it. I loved reading about the Freaks, who eat people. They were awful. And I loved them. Awesome plot twist. I would like to know more about why the world is the way it is, but I don't need to, because I think it was pretty obvious. But anyway. I loved re-reading this book. I really did. The world was very amazing and I loved the plot. I cannot wait to read the next two books, though I'm still worried about the beginning of Outpost. Hopefully not too bad.

I'm giving this book a five star. But it was a four point five for me. Will explain why. And that will be spoilery, just so you know :D Anyway. I wanted to give this book a five star, because it was a five star all the way until close to the end. When Stalker and Tegan entered. I enjoyed reading about Tegan. I loved her. She was sweet and I hurt so much for her. But Stalker. He was awful. I hated the things he had done. I didn't even like the way he was now, probably changed. I just disliked him so very much.

Thing is, Deuce did not. He made people hurt Fade. It just about killed me. I get that they all were going to let the past go to survive, but omg. I hated that Deuce seemed to be so close to Stalker. I hated that she stopped talking to Fade. That she didn't do anything to fix that. That she was so forgiving of Stalker. I'm sorry, I just didn't like him much. Sigh. I wish I could have liked him, but I didn't. I just didn't understand why she was so forgiving of him. I never would have been. Anyway. That's my opinion :)

Okay. I think I've talked way too much now. I adored Enclave. Even though I had a few issues near the ending. I though the writing was good and I loved the story. I adored Fade. I mostly loved Deuce. And the book was exciting. It was interesting to read. It was just very, very good. Will now be reading the short story about Thimble and Stone before I read Outpost :) Cannot wait. <3 You all need to read this book.


2 comments:

  1. I'd already forgotten everything about this book, unfortunately. So yeah, definitely high time to re-read since I think I have most of this series.

    Glad you gave it another chance, Carina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the novella prequel for this one, but then I have so many review eARCs to get through that I decided to stop reading this series and catch up on reviews! I think I'll do a binge reading once Horde comes out!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)