Monday, October 14, 2013

Review: Horde by Ann Aguirre

I didn't fully think that I would love this book when I got it back in June. So I put it on hold; put the whole series on hold. I shouldn't have done that. Because this series was amazing. Heartbreaking. Perfect. I loved all the books so much. And Horde was the most perfect one. It was so incredibly good.

I'm not sure how to put my thoughts into words. I spent all day reading this, I just could not stop. Something amazing was always happening and I was very invested in the story. And the writing was amazing. I loved it even more in this third and final book. I just could not have loved Horde any more than I did.

As you probably realize, there will be spoilers for book one and two in this review. There will be no spoilers for Horde, though, just my thoughts about it :D I'm really struggling to put my feelings into words. But I will try my best. Mostly I'm just happy. Because this was the perfect ending to the series. Though there was so much death and pain. It was worth all the pain.

Horde starts where Outpost ended. With Deuce and her friends leaving Salvation to look for help. Because their town is under attack from the Freaks; whom are getting much better at being alive. They are smart. They think. Some might even talk. It was amazing to read about. Horrifying most of the time. But amazing. The Freaks are done so well and we learn so much about them. I loved that. It's an amazing plot twist. I loved reading about them, and I loved all the explanations for the way they were.

Anyway. I'm not saying much about the plot in this book. Just some things. Because new things are happening all the time and I loved reading about all of them so much. We get to see so many new places as well. I loved that. I loved reading about all the different towns and settlements. Some were a bit awful, though, but I blame that on the people. There is a war in this book. Between the humans and the Freaks. We see a lot of planning the wars. Kind of. I loved reading all of it, anyway. It was perfect.

There is so much death in Horde. Way too much. So many good people died. It broke my heart and made me cry. Yet I loved it to pieces. It was real and it hurt. Though what made me hurt the most was when Fade was damaged. That seems to happen a lot. But the worst pain is what he went through in Outpost, when he was taken. It takes him a long time to get over that. If ever. And I so understood it. It killed me to read about it. It was just done so perfectly and sweet and honest. Fade is just the best character.

But oh, there are so many characters to love in this book. I adore Deuce so much. She's so amazing. I love reading from her point of view, though I would have loved to read from Fade.. But yeah. She's awesome. And I love her family so much. Momma Oaks is still perfect. And Edmund too. Even Rex. They are just adorable together. Though, a lot of heartbreak. Sad face. But it was perfect. And oh, Tegan. I adore her so much! She's the perfect friend and doctor. She was amazing to read about. So strong.

I still don't know how I feel about Stalker. I wish he hadn't been into Deuce. Would have made things easier; even if I could never forgive him for what he did before. But anyway. He does change. And I did like him. Mostly. But only as a friend. Always a friend. Anyway. There are so many characters in this book. I won't mention them all. But my god. So many amazing new ones! I adored all of them. Especially Morrow. He was awesome. But sigh. They all were. And so many died. Heartbreak. Yet so perfect.

I don't know what to say about Horde. It was the perfect ending to an amazing series. It is full of action, excitement, romance and love. And so much heartbreak. It was perfect and it had everything. My favorite parts were between Deuce and Fade. They have the most amazing love story. It started so good. There are some heartbreaking parts. But mostly I was happy. Wish there were more stolen moments, but when we got to see them together it was all kinds of perfect. I loved them both so much.

I forgot to mention in my other reviews that the titles for these books fit very well with the story. And that is awesome. I loved it. And oh, the covers are gorgeous even if they are a bit simple. I adore them. I think that is all I wish to say about this book. Maybe. It was just so amazing and heartbreaking and beautiful. The ending is perfect. Truly perfect. I want more, though. But I don't need it. It was just amazing. You all need to read this book when it comes out later this month. You really need to! <3

Thank you so, so much to Macmillan Kids for the printed ARC of this book. I will always cherish it. I'm so glad that I got to read it early, though I didn't read it when I should have. Can't wait to get my pre-ordered hardcover. <3 I just know that this is a series I will always treasure. It will stay in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. I've read Horde and enjoyed it a lot. I wish I had re-read the first two because it took a bit to jog my memory about what all was going on. Great review Carina!

    My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. This review is awesome. I just heard about Horde recently and it sounds SO good. I love that you loved the book and the series! Now I have to read Horde and the rest of the books in the series. Yeah! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear you've loved this one too! I'm also very glad I'll get to do a full binge read of the whole series when Horde comes out!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)