Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #304

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE DEFIANT (The Valiant #2) BY LESLEY LIVINGSTON

Goodreads Description:

Gladiator Fallon and her warrior sisters must face off against a rival gladiator academy in this lush sequel to the highly anticipated historical fantasy The Valiant.

They call her "Victrix" now. Victory.

But winning the highest honor ever bestowed upon a gladiatrix in Rome has earned Fallon more deadly enemies outside the arena than she ever faced within it. And it is those dearest to Fallon who will pay the price for her success.

Now, Fallon and her warrior sisters are thrust into a vicious conflict with a rival gladiator academy, one that will threaten not only Fallon's heart - and her love for Roman soldier Cai - but the very heart of the Roman Empire.


Hardcover, 336 pages
Expected publication: February 13th 2018 by Razorbill
Pre-Order here and here

I wasn't in love with book one, The Valiant, but I'm still curious about this sequel :D And oh my gosh, that cover. Dying. It's awesome and fierce and beautiful. Love the colors too. Cannot wait to own a copy of this stunning thing. Hoping that I might enjoy the plot too. Fingers crossed. I'm curious about it, yes :)
What are you waiting for on this fighting Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. Hm. I'm not too sure about this author in general. But. If the sequel is well-received enough, I may just add this series higher on my to-read list. Can't deny, that cover is pretty badass!

    Cass @ Words on Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaasssss! We almost posted this at the same time - I shared it last week though. It should be awesome! :D

    Have a fantastic day, Carina. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover. Really kick-ass and fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am DYING for this book! Hopefully, you love this book more than The Valiant!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)