Monday, November 6, 2017

Review: Furyborn by Claire Legrand

I can't believe I have gotten to read this precious book already. It's not out until next May, which is months from now. I was lucky enough to be able to get this ARC personalized via an awesome cause on Kickstarter. So worth it, because Furyborn was beyond amazing. It's such a big book, and so long. Worth every second.

I'm also the biggest fan of Claire; have read and loved all of her books. And I'm beyond excited about reading more by her. She's the best. Eee. And her books are simply incredible. I don't know what to share about this lovely story. Still forever until the book is out, so I will try my best not to share anything too much about it.

Even so, I will still be sharing things about this book, because I loved it a whole lot, and I need to discuss all of these stunning characters. But oh, where do I even begin. My mind feels a bit ruined, having just finished reading this huge thing. There is so much happening, at every moment. And my heart is all kinds of broken, because of what is coming in the next book. I'm not sure if I can take it. Ahh. Yet I am dying to know everything, of course. Shall start talking a little bit about the writing. Which was all kinds of gorgeous. I just love the writing that Claire has. It's stunning. And this book especially so. And oh, that first chapter. It still kills me. I've read it three times. It's of the future, and it's so rude. I cannot deal with it. Ahh. This whole book ruined my heart.

There are certain things that are obvious when you are reading the book, about things that happen in the first chapter. But I'm not going to mention them. You'll have to wait and see. But trust me, that very first chapter, which is two years in the future, is beyond heartbreaking and terrible and all kinds of exciting. I don't want it to become true, though, yet I know that it will, sometime. It is going to destroy me, though, when it does become true. My heart may never recover. Gosh. Yet even so, I'm so so excited for it. Ack.

Furyborn is a story told from two different point of views. Rielle and Eliana. They are both eighteen years old. Rielle is from a kingdom set around one thousand years ago, and Eliana is from the present time, or, you know, a thousand years in the future. I will admit that I loved reading about Rielle a tiny bit more, but gosh, how I loved both of these girls. And oh, reading their story was the most exciting thing. They do not ever meet, yet they are connected in a way. And learning all about it was both heartbreaking and thrilling.

There is so much to get to know about both girls. And I'm not going to say too much about them. Just that their story was the best thing and I loved everything oh so much. Rielle was really strong and kind and so fierce and brave too. She goes through so much in this book. A whole bunch of trials. It was very exciting. Except for that whole Corien thing. I'm not sure I will forgive about Corien being in this book at all. Hmph. But I will say that I found him to be a pretty awesome villain. If that is what he was supposed to be. Ahh.

Then there was Eliana. The reason for why I didn't love her just as much as I loved Rielle was because she was pretty gruesome at times. She does have the biggest heart, I think, but it was hidden way down deep. She's had to do a lot to survive. And I loved her for it. But she could be pretty cold, and that made me a bit wary. But I grew to love her more and more, and I enjoyed reading about her so much. There is a lot of scenes with her and Simon. I'm still unsure how I felt about this man. Liked him sometimes, maybe.

There is so much happening in Furyborn. And I loved reading ever moment of it. Sigh. There is also a lot of mature scenes, aka some lovely smut and kisses, and I very much loved that. It felt real and beautiful. Though there were some mind scenes that I did not approve of very much, that made it feel almost like a triangle at times, yet not that at all, but a bit complicated. My heart is a bit bruised. But I'm dealing with it. Because the rest was perfect. And I am hoping it will not end up being too big of a deal. Fingers crossed.

Despite those awesome kissing scenes, there weren't too much romance in this book. Rielle has been in love with Audric for years now, but nothing has happened between them. Yet. And their growing feelings killed me a little. I ship them so much. They are adorable together. Eee. And oh, Eliana. I don't know what to say about her. I shipped her with a boy at first. But that went badly. I am not sure if I ship her with this new man or not. It felt a bit wrong to me, yet nothing has happened yet, which was good. I'm just unsure.

And that is all I will say about the romance. Which is more than I thought I would share. I will say, though, that I adored all of the relationships in this book. The friendship between Rielle and Audric and Ludivine was so beautiful. They were such great friends. And the sibling relationship between Eliana and Remy was so cute. And the growing friendship with Eliana and Navi was great to read about too. Because this girl was so fierce and always shut away and so when she opened up a tiny bit, it was the best moments.

This book is such an epic fantasy tale. I have already written my review to be way longer than I thought it would be. I simply can't stop writing about this lovely thing. I haven't spoiled any big things, just talked a little about some details. This book is long and so beautiful. There is so much going on. Many surprises. And it was all beyond exciting to read about. You are all going to love this book. As I did. I'm giving it five stars for sure, despite my shredded heart. This book is all kinds of dark and lovely. Ack. Loved it so much.

Furyborn was everything I wanted it to be and much more. It was well worth the wait. The story is beyond heartbreaking and exciting, and every moment hurt to read. I never wanted this book to end. And I'm now counting down the seconds until I can get to read the next book. Thrilled that I loved this book so much. I mean, I knew I would, but I worried a little bit still. But no need for that. Because Furyborn was perfection. It ruined me. And I loved it for it. You all need to get a hold of this book next May. If not, you will regret it.

Huge thank you to Claire for sending me this amazing personalized ARC. It means the most to me. And big thank you to The Book Smugglers too, for the awesome Kickstarter project that I supported to be able to get this book. I will treasure it forever. It's so gorgeous. I cannot wait to get to own every single copy of this book. Which I need. My Claire collection is the biggest; I have all of her ARCs and all of her finished copies too. I simply adore reading her words and her worlds. And I can't wait to read more books by her.


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful review. And sounds like an amazing story too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I'm teetering back and forth with emotions while reading! Glad you got to read this fabulous story early and enjoyed it, Carina! Wonderful review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see that you enjoyed this book Carina, as I know you're a big fan of Claire's books. It's always a bit scary going into a book that you have high expectations for, but I'm glad that this one worked out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the review, Carina, I've added this to my "2018" shelf of GoodReads. It sounds so good! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)