Friday, August 2, 2013

Cinder by Marissa Meyer


I just finished reading this amazing book for the third time. And I still love it so much. Cinder is such an amazing book. The writing is perfect and the characters are so well done. The story is unique, even though it is based on Cinderella. The plot is stunning and exciting. I don't think there is any way that I could have loved this book more. This won't be a very long post, since I have written a review for Cinder ages ago and a book recommendation post last year. But I did want to share more of my love for it.

Cinder is just such an amazing book. I loved every moment of it. It is also all kinds of heartbreaking, just so you know. Yet I loved that even more. It made it feel more real. The main character, Cinder, is a sixteen year old cyborg girl. And she is amazing. I loved everything about her. Except for where she lived. With her stepmom. Shudders. This is a heartbreaking book. Yet there are small moments of joy and happiness. But not too much. And the ending is just awful. And yet perfect. It is truly amazing.

There is romance in this book. Not too much, but it is really sweet and real and just all kinds of cute. Prince Kai is amazing. I loved him so much. Loved even more that we got to read from his point of view as well. There are a lot of characters in Cinder. Many I loved, like Peony and Iko. Many more that I hated, though. Like Queen Levana and Adri. I enjoyed reading about the Lunars, and I'm excited about learning more about them and their world, Luna. Everything in this book is just so exciting.

I feel like I have talked about my love for this book a lot of times, and I guess I have. So I won't talk too much about the book this time :) Just know that it is amazing and I know I will re-read it several times more in my life. I also adore the author, Marissa, so much. She's so kind and amazing and I just really love her. If you haven't yet read Cinder I do not know what you are waiting for. You need to read it, right away. Because this is a fairytale that you all need to fall in love with. Cinder and Kai are worth it :)

The cover for the third book in this four-book-series was just revealed. And it is stunning. Fits so well with Cinder and Scarlet, and I'm just dying to read it. I will be re-reading Scarlet tomorrow and I cannot wait to read it again. Already been about nine months since I read it. Have no idea where the time went. Felt like I just read it yesterday, lol. But anyway. I'm really excited to read it again and then I will just be dying for Cress. Hoping it will be the best of the books, which might not even be possible :)

I own a lot of The Lunar Chronicles things. I have a lot of amazing swag. Gorgeous bookmarks. Two Cinder mirrors, which might be my favorite part of all of it. I have buttons. Which are gorgeous. I also have a signed hardcover of Cinder and a signed UK paperback of Cinder. Those are so amazing and I love them all so much. I have an ARC of Scarlet. Precious. I have a Scarlet hoodie, even more precious. Will be sharing pictures of it all on Pinterest later this month, will link you all to it then :) I adore all of it.



Update: Newer and better review of the book can be found here.

6 comments:

  1. *drools* These covers are soooo gorgeous. And the inside is just as good :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooow! I loved Cinder and Scarlet but I've only just seen the cover for Cress and it's my favorite so far! What an amazing post Carina, these books need to be known by EVERYONE!

    Jade @ Ink Scratchers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D Oh, Cress cover is just so so gorgeous. <3

      Delete
  3. Wow-three times! That is a high recommendation for this book that it stands up to multiple reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, I'm glad you loved it! I can't wait for Cress to come out. There's still AGES to go.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)